Friday, September 13, 2013

"He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it."

I sensed the Lord's gentle rebuke during my devotional time this morning.  My reading was from John 8.  In the Message verse 19 reads:  "You are looking right at Me and you don't see Me."  A few verses later, Jesus says, "The one who sent Me stays with Me.  He doesn't abandon Me.  He sees how much joy I take in pleasing Him."

My anxiety with regard to our fund raising efforts exposes my lack of trust in Him.  I'm just not seeing Him even though He is right here with us.  But I have His promise.  He stays with me.  He does not abandon me because He knows that, ultimately, I do find my joy in pleasing Him.

When I prayed, "Lord, please open up my blind eyes that I may see you at all times, I sensed Him saying, "He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it."

Amen, Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment