Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Stations of the Cross: Jesus is Condemned by Pilate

Station One
Jesus Is Condemned By Pilate
Reading:  Matthew 27:11-26

All: Dear Heavenly Father, let Your goodness lead us to repentance. Let the heart of a Father displayed for us on Calvary so overwhelm us that we can only turn to you, laying aside every weight, and the sin that clings so closely, and run with endurance the race set before us.

Leader: "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (II Corinthians 5:21)
                                                                                                                                              See artist Bio below...
Father, someone had to bear the guilt of countless years of sin, sin past and sin yet to come. But You were unwilling that any of us, Your children, should bear that condemnation. So Jesus stood before Pilate and received from his hand the sentence that would have been ours. You made Him to "be sin" who knew no sin. You didn't make Him sinful, you made Him to be sin. He became that which You despised so that He might make us beautiful to You, a fragrant offering.

Silent prayer

All: Dear Heavenly Father, I struggle not to collapse beneath the weight of the thought that Your Son became sin for me. My own sin makes me cringe, but You choose to forgive all because I am hidden in His wounds. Keep my eyes on Jesus as he accepts my sentence of death. Draw me closer to You, make Your ways as sweet to me as honey.

Jonathan Cuenca - Graphic Designer
Jesus Before Pilate: Digital image (30 X 40) $300
jonhashiba@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment