Wednesday, July 1, 2020

I am sinking
Into darkness
Palpable, tangible, stifling
Darkness
Immeasurable depths 
I did not know were there within me
Sucking me deeper
Into a lightless abyss
I can hardly breathe
There is no perspective
Nothing to reach out to
Nothing to hold on to
Nothing
I am sinking
Further still
Into a bottomless pit
Above me there are sounds
Voices
Voices of reason
Voices of logic
Voices of light
But I cannot hear them
The silence engulfs them
The darkness is deafening
But then
Something
There is something deeper still
Deeper than the pit
Deeper than the abyss
Deeper than the darkness
A presence
A sense of being
A sense of knowing
I am not alone
Beneath me there are the everlasting arms
And in the darkness
I find rest
I am being lifted

© Johannes W. H. van der Bijl 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment