Saturday, October 10, 2020

THE UNTOLD STORY: Part One - Chapter One - Day Two

Day Two:

I can hardly breathe. My mouth is dry and my body aches. When last did I weep with such bitterness in my soul? Was it when the angels gathered Miriam to God? I could not breathe then either. My throat is burning…was I screaming? I surely cannot speak…I have no words.

I went into the city to clear up this misunderstanding…this untruth about my Benjamin. My ears heard words…with my mind I comprehended what was said…but my heart remains deaf. How can I believe what they told me…how can I believe what I am not willing to accept? 

They told me that what we had heard was true. Benjamin has sold his inheritance to a non-Jew…a Gentile. Some spat on the ground when I spoke his name. One even spat at me. Others refused to even speak his name. But I will not believe this until I hear it from his own mouth…when he comes home. No one seems to know where he is at present…some say he has left…left for a faraway land…they claim he told them he would go. But my Benjamin would not leave without saying goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment