There are so many little things happening in our lives right now it makes my head spin. It reminds me of Solomon's advice: "Catch us the little foxes that destroy the vineyard!"
As we have no physical address or mailing address (to which we have easy access, that is) documents, debit cards, and the like have to be mailed to our son in Mobile. Some of these things have to be activated upon receipt...don't know how we are going to do that! Sigh...first world problems...
Saying goodbye to so many friends - we have been a part of this community since 1997 - is very difficult and emotionally draining. Our hearts...their hearts...sigh...
Here's a few prayer items.
1. Car travel mercies: up to Toronto (July 11 to July 24)
from Toronto to Portland, OR (July 24 to August 1)
from Portland, OR to Mobile, AL (August 4 to August 20)
the stops in between...places to stay (camping mostly), churches to visit, family and friends
pray that our car holds up and for protection along the way
2. Our time at Mission Prep: IMPACT. That this be fruitful and that we learn a lot and grow a lot!
3. Church visits. So far only one contact has confirmed a visit with them. There are a few in Arizona and Texas that have yet to confirm.
4. Family visits. Saying goodbye to our two sons, daughters-in-law, and grandson is not going to be easy. Please pray for quality time together.
5. Pray for our visas and the legalization of our documents at the Ethiopian Embassy.
6. Pray to the Lord to continue to raise up supporters. We still need about 35% of our budget.
Thanks for praying for us.
We are grateful for you all and appreciate you very much.