Friday, November 2, 2012

When one is trying to travel light and pack everything into one small carry on bag prayer for miracles take on a completely new light.  What to take along and what to leave behind?  Even small gifts take up quite a bit of space!  Seems like an impossible task...

But prayers transcend the limits of human capabilities.  Stuff is just that.  Stuff.  But beyond the packing and the gifts and the plains and taxis are people and faces and souls in desperate need of a Gift of a different kind.  So many billions of people still in darkness, trapped in a demonic religious prison that dominates the country like a thick, black, and deadly cloud of spiritual pollution.  It will take nothing short of a miracle for the light of the Gospel to reach down into a pit so deep.

But again, prayers transcend the limits of human capabilities.  Soul are precious to God...He paid the highest price for each and every one of them.  Their names were known to Him before the foundation of the world and He loved them even then.  It is that love that compels me to go again and again and yet again...woe to me if I do not proclaim the release of the captives!

However, I am very aware of my own frailty.  I simply cannot walk into this darkness without a spiritual covering and there, once again, prayer comes into play.  I need your prayers to go with me...to cover me...to strengthen me and protect me.  As I descend into a spiritual pit of darkness, may I ask you to hold the rope for me?  And may I ask you to pray that the Holy Spirit would work in the hearts of those I will meet and break up the fallow ground of their hearts to make them receptive for the Word?  And may I ask you to pray for Him to place His words in my mouth and on my tongue?

I want to thank all of you who have signed on to this blog in advance.  Your names and faces are an encouragement to me.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment